Thursday, November 09, 2006

Race Prep Advice, too late to help

I have been anticipating my new race belt (to carry my sport beans) all week. I even paid a premium to get it here on time for the race.

I tracked its progress across the country and knew it would be on my doorstep tonight! Well, the package arrived and what do you know? It was a pair of workout pants, not a belt. The packing slip showed the correct item, just whoever pulled the item (SU initials) and personally wrapped the item (Ed Mundo) evidently don't know the difference between a grey waist belt and a black pair of pants......

I just had a nice chat with Will at Road Runner sports who assures me that they will overnight my belt directly to the Nags Head Inn. He was very polite, I hope they are more accurate this time around.

Now the question is, do I assume the replacement order will be correct, hope that the Expo sells something I can hang off my pants to hold my beans (hmmm...), or head to Fleet Feet tomorrow and get an alternative item....

Moral of the story, don't wait til race week to get your stuff together!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home