Sunday, October 29, 2006

14 days til race: Time for important preparations

Are we all tapering now? And paying close attention to our bodies and nutritional needs?

So, let's get to the important stuff: music.....

In the lastest "Runner's World" (Dec 2006), an article lists the 10 favorite songs runners listen to:
Lose Yourself (Eminem)
Gonna FLy Now: Rocky Theme (Bill Conti)
Runnin' down a Dream (Tom Petty)
Running on Empty (Jackson Browne)
Beautiful Day (U2)
Born to Run (Bruce Springsteen)
Pump It (Black Eyed Peas)
Eye of the Tiger (Survivor)
Chariots of Fire Theme (Vangelis)
Back in Black (AC/DC)

So, I grabbed my year-old Walmart music download gift certificate and bought all of the above, plus a bunch more so that I have all the inspirational music I'll need as I plod along on 11/12! I tried them out on today's 10 mile run at Salem Lake and they seem to do the trick. I averaged a 10:30 minute mile for the 10 miles. It was a gorgeous day.

I saw Bill out doing his thing, and I assume Lynn was doing her final preps for next weekend's Phoenix event (but didn't cross paths). Ron did 7 miles and has a little blister that developed.

Another article in the magazine recommended Band Aid Advanced Healing Blister Cushion to help heal blisters. Ron will try it out and report back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home