Sunday, October 08, 2006

Honolulu long run

You all may have seen a brief mention about my Friday long run in my vacation blog, but I thought I would report in with a bit more detail to this group!

I was disappointed that I fell short of my planned 23 mile route, but when I discovered that part of the route was potentially dangerous, I went with another shorter route and added on to it. But the map got ruined because I was dumb enough to tuck it into my shorts pocket and it got soaking wet and unreadable (Erik got my original map all laminated....). And every road here seems to be named the same. So I got a bit lost. Luckily, Diamond Head is a really good landmark, so I managed to find my way back to the route. Long story short, I had to meet my group for a planned rainforest tour, and ran out of time.

So, I think I did around about 20 miles, give or take. It may have been a bit more since I spent some time running back and forth looking at street signs. I was out for about 4 hrs and 15 minutes, so that would make a very slow run for 20 miles.

I was tired but it was a good experience, and the views did a lot to ease the pain. I do think gawking at all the scenery may have slowed me down too.

But here is the real thing I want to throw out to this illustrious group: The Honolulu Marathon: http://www.honolulumarathon.org/. It runs in early Dec. Wouldn't that be a good goal for our group for 2007? The route is one that covers some of the territory I've run this week (including the segment I thought was dangerous!).

We should start our plans now!

Well, off to Kauai this morning, Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home