Saturday, November 04, 2006

Schwag and Crosstrain Tapering

Thanks to Ron and the closets in IS....He delivered us a box of beautiful individually wrapped Lenovo pens (do you think leftovers from Technology @ WFU 2005?), wrapped mints, other swoopy pens and post-it notes!

I am seriously into my taper schedule, result has been an unneeded weight gain. So today, Erik and I opted for a nice long bike ride to the Amish bakery (it was donut day!). We had a great ride (only 1 dog almost got me), two fresh donuts apiece and by the ride back, the day was gorgeous. We did 63 miles in under 4 hours (didn't count the donut eating break time). I've got to say that 4 hours on a bike beats 4 hours running any day of the week, even when it's not donut day!

Tomorrow, I'm doing my last 10 mile run in Durham, on the American Tobacco Trail:
http://www.triangletrails.org/ATT.HTM.

Plus I get a little Meredith time. Grandmother plug: http://smith-nc-family.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home