Saturday, October 21, 2006

Susan's Last Long Run

Only 3 weeks to go til race today and this morning was my day to do my last long run. The Galloway plan calls for 24-26 miles (heck, no need to show up to race after going that far.....)

I worked out an out and back route down to Salem Lake from home. This was to prevent me from wussing out early if I did smaller loops closer to home. It turned out to be 24.4 miles.

I started out at 7 am (can't believe it is still dark at 7) and finished an amazing 4 hrs and 58 minutes later. Whew! I purposefully kept it slow the first half and stuck to my 8run/2 walk routine. I got in the middle of the Mercy 5 Mile race out of Salem Lake and saw Cameron Kent in the pack.

My hamstrings started to tighten at about 11 miles. It doesn't seem to matter how much I train, my legs get fatigued early on. Must be age. My cardio was fine throughout. I did manage to have a negative split by about 3 minutes, so that was good even though a 12+ minute mile pace isn't anything to write home about.

Anyway, I am estactic to be done with my last long run. I didn't come out of it feeling as good as Waits did after his most recent one, but I did manage to run it in the last 2 miles.

Enjoy your weekend!
Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home