Sunday, September 17, 2006

weekend updates?

We've been awfully quiet on Wakeobx the past week or two....

This weekend I was scheduled to do either a 5K or 8-10 miles. I looked hard for a race because I would have rather done 3.1 miles, but.....

So, I stuck to the plan and headed out to do 10 miles this morning. I did the same route I did a few weeks ago and am happy to report that I bettered my time by 3 minutes. That put me under an 11 minute mile average. Maybe not a big accomplishment for you fast youngsters, but I was pleased.

I've been sticking with "run-only" on these short runs (and I can't believe I'm calling 10 miles a short run).

Next weekend is the Salem Lake 10k or 30K. I'm only aware of Erik, Karen and me having committed to one or the other. I am going to need to do a 23 mile training run in another week or two, but between Salem Lake and my Wilmington Triathlon on the 30th, I don't seem to have a weekend to accomplish this prior to leaving for Hawaii.

Erik has managed to talk me into the benefits of doing this long run in Hawaii.....So I've been researching how best to do this and where. I found a great site called "Favorite Runs" where I found many routes in Honolulu. The site is http://www.favoriterun.com/. It looks like I can work up a cool run from our hotel around Diamond Head (without climbing it). Will 23 miles be easier in paradise? I'll let you know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home