Sunday, September 10, 2006

Report on Salem Lake runs

It was great to see everyone out today. Even though we all ran our own pace, because we were doing multiple loops in different directions, we passed each other and gave encouraging thumbs up (at least until there was no energy left for non-vital movements).

Karen ran a 7 mile loop, followed by once around on her bike. Ron did 13.8 miles of walking with his (new to him) mp3 player. Waits and I started out at a bit after 7 and finished not too far apart (well of course he finished before me!). We completed 20.6 miles. Erik arrived after we had been out for awhile, looped me on the second lap and still finished 30 minutes before I did. We also spotted Bill on the trail. He'll have to report his accomplishments as he wasn't finished when we finally left.

Erik's prediction came true for me, as 3.5 miles from the end, a root reached up and grabbed my toe. I took a dive, rolled and recovered with only a scratched elbow. I was much more worried about damage to my new outfit or mp3 player. All survived.

A stop at Moe's on the way home, a hot bubble bath and nap on the couch managed to get me almost back to normal, but I doubt any of you will see me at the gym in the early Monday am......

Feels good to have the first REALLY long run behind me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Erik Mitchell said...

Susan is right on GOBX! GOBX! GOBX!

Salem lake proved to be a great venue & I was even thinking about doing the next few long runs there. I think we all found this mileage challenging but it' hard to not get excited about the fact that we were only just over 5 miles from doing the whole thing.

I can attest that while Susan finished 3rd in our running group, she looked the best coming across the line. . .

See you all on the track! - E

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home