Saturday, February 16, 2008

Bill and Susan Compete in the W-S Short Course Duathlon


Team "Still Kicking"
Originally uploaded by CellPhoneSusie
Today, WakeOBX fielded a relay team in a local duathlon: the Winston-Salem Short Course race. The race was held in Lewisville, Bill's hometown and my bicycling territory. Since I can't run right now, and Bill's idea of bicycling is beach cruising, we teamed up to form a formidable team - Bill did the run sections and I did the bike portion. He started out running a 3 lap course for 3.1 miles. Then I took off on my bike and raced 14 miles. When I got back, he took off again for another 2 miles! We pulled a combined time of 1:23.01. The day turned out to be a great temperature for racing and the sun came out enough to keep it from being too chilly while waiting around.

Even though it was a nearby race, we had our usual excellent race support with Ron and Lynn coming out to cheer us on and Ron to take pictures.

It was a good event (with each of us receiving a nice technical t-shirt instead of the usual cotton issue).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home