Sunday, August 06, 2006

Susan's Sunday Run

Reporting in since I will miss this week's marathon meeting!

Today I was scheduled for 7 miles. Since I have been under the weather for the past two days and even missed a much anticipated donut day bike trip yesterday, I decided to go for at least 8 miles this morning. I lounged around until 9:30 and then took a 8.4 mile route from home down into Buena Vista: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=345008

I decided to try to stay running the entire time, and I managed it, but felt much more beat than I did after the run/walk 13 mile run last weekend. Don't know whether to attribute that to being ill or because run/walk is superior. I will go back to it for my next long run which is due to be 15 miles, my longest run ever. But I averaged an 11:25 min/mile. And it was hot and humid, even though the thermometer only says it's 81 with a 60% humidity. Go figure.

For a little travel excitement, I may just try to accomplish that 15 mile run while in Ottawa, maybe figure a variation on this 8k route:
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/Media/PDF/ottawa.pdf

Well, Ron and I are heading out to case out Dick's Sporting Goods. I really need to find some seamless shirts (ouch today).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home